Silvia Profili is Full Professor of Business Organisation at Università Europea di Roma and Coordinator of the Master’s Degree in Economics and Innovation Management.
She holds a Degree in Economics and Business Administration from La Sapienza Università di Roma and a PhD in Business Management from Università degli Studi di Bologna. She has been post-doc at the Faculty of Economics of LUISS Guido Carli and Visiting Scholar at the Wharton School, University of Philadelphia (USA), Thomas Jefferson University – Medical College (USA), University of Cordoba (Spain) and the University of Twente (Netherlands).
She is co-founder and Chair of the Human Resource Management Track at the European Academy of Management (EURAM) Conference. She works as a referee for several international scientific journals in the field of human resource management and organisational behaviour. She is author of numerous scientific publications, many of which published in international peer reviewed journals.
Silvia Profili conducts research in the field of human resource management and organisational behaviour. In particular, her recent publications and research projects concern:
- Impact of HRM practices on employee performance
- Organisational implications of age diversity and aging
- Employees’ engagement and commitment at work
- Knowledge management
- Profili S., Sammarra A., Innocenti L. (2017), Age Diversity in the workplace. An Organizational Perspective, Advanced Series in Management, Emerald Group Publishing, WA, UK.
- Sammarra A., Profili S. (2017), La diversità di età nei contesti di lavoro: sfide organizzative e implicazioni per il people management, Franco Angeli, Milano.
- Profili S., Sammarra A., Dandi R., Mascia D. (2017). Clinicians’ ability, motivation, and opportunity to acquire and transfer knowledge: An age-driven perspective, Health Care Management Review, 44(4).
- Profili S., Sammarra A., Innocenti L. (2017). Exploring organisational citizenship behaviour through the lens of age, International Journal of Business Administration, 8(1): 22-33. doi:10.5430/ijba.v8n1p22.
- Sammarra A., Mormino S., Innocenti L., Profili S. (2017), Corporate Universities’ Configuration in the Italian Context: An Exploratory Study, International Journal of Business and Management, 12(12): 97-106.
- Gabrielli G, Profili S. (2016). Organizzazione e Gestione delle Risorse Umane (II edizione), Isedi, Torino.
- Profili S., Sammarra A., Innocenti L. (2016). Can age make a difference? A moderated model of altruistic organizational citizenship behaviour antecedents, International Journal of Business Science and Applied Management, 11(1): 18-31.
- Innocenti L., Sammarra A., Profili S. (2016). From control to commitment work systems The role of HRM in the post-bureaucratic transition. In Malizia P., Cannavale C., and Maimone F. (Eds) Evolution of the post bureaucratic organization, The Advances in Human Resources Management and Organizational Development Book Series, IGI Global.
- Profili S., Sammarra A., Innocenti L., Gabrielli G. (2014), Performance Appraisal at Telespazio: Aligning Strategic Goals to People Development, The International Journal of Case Studies in Management, Vol.12 (1).
- Innocenti L., Profili S., Sammarra A. (2013), Age as moderator in the relationship between HR development practices and employees’ positive attitudes, Personnel Review, 42 (6): 724-744.
- Sammarra A., Profili S., Innocenti L. (2013), Do external careers pay off for both managers and professionals? The effect of mobility on objective career success, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 24 (13): 2490-2511.
- Cicchetti A., Donatini A., D’Ambrosio M.G., Lo Scalzo A., Profili S., Rico A., (2010). Italy Health System Review 2009, Health Systems In Transition, vol. 11 , p. 1-216, Brussels: European Observatory on Health Systems & Policies.