Carmen Bizzarri is qualified as associate professor in the M/GGR-02 sector, she is currently a
Adjunt Professor at Università Europea di Roma and lecturer of the courses: Environmental
policies in the Economics Degree (6 ECTS), Networks and tourism systems in the Tourism and Land Management Degree (3 ECTS), geography workshop in the Sciences of Primary Education Degree. She coordinates the postgraduate course in Management of Tourism Companies at Università Europea di Roma and is currently responsible for the work-related project Alternanza scuola-lavoro at Università Europea di Roma. Holder of a PhD, she has taught as an Adjunt Professor in some Italian universities. She has presented her scientific contributions as a speaker at several conferences in Italy and abroad and collaborates with many Italian and foreign scholars in her researches aimed at analysing the geo-economic and environmental dynamics of tourism activities. She published her contributions in national and international journals. She has participated as a researcher in several PRIN, research projects of national interest. She is treasurer of the Tourism study association Sistur, auditor at the Italian Geographic Society and member of the technical scientific committee of ITS Turismo Roma. Author of numerous articles in several national and international journals, she holds several curatorships and contributions in multiple volumes, as well as a monograph.
Tourism Geography, environmental policies, resource usage, sustainable land development,
The main strand of her research is aimed at studying the sustainable use of resources and its
application to tourism at a local, regional and global level. Other research strands related to
the former have as main theme the spatial analysis of environmental and agricultural
resources for a lasting and sustainable territorial development.
The collaboration with scholars and university colleagues at an international level has
contributed to further expanding research and deepen some case studies.
- Bizzarri C (2015). La co-produzione nelle aree marine protette per una gestione sostenibile. GEOTEMA, p. 10-13, ISSN: 1126-7798
- Bizzarri C, Czerny M (2015). The Co-Production in Marine Protected Areas for Sustainable Management. OPEN ACCESS JOURNAL OF RESISTIVE ECONOMIC, vol. 8, ISSN: 2345-4954
- BIZZARRI C, Lòpez G (2014). Tourism in Iran: from Pilgrimage to Local Economic Development. GEOPROGRESS JOURNAL, vol. 2, p. 23-34, ISSN: 2384-9398
- Bizzarri C (2014). New Urban Space of Migrants: Geographical and Economics Impacts. REGIONAL SCIENCE INQUIRY, vol. VI, ISSN: 1791-5961
- Bizzarri C (2014). THE SOCIAL AND TERRITORIAL ROOT OF IMMIGRANT COMMUNITIES IN THE MEDITERRANEAN CITIES, . RIVISTA ITALIANA DI ECONOMIA, DEMOGRAFIA E STATISTICA, vol. LXVIII, p. 63-70, ISSN: 0035-6832.
- Bizzarri C (2015). Geo-Economic Role of Tourism for Enhancing the Castle in Gaeta (Italy). In: (a cura di): Prof. Dr. Cevdet AVCIKURT Prof. Dr. Mihaela DINU Prof. Dr. Necdet HACIOĞLU Prof. Dr. Recep EFE Prof. Dr. Abdullah SOYKAN, Tourism, Environment and Sustainability. p. 111-120, St. Kliment Ohridski University Press, ISBN: 978-954-07-4021-8
- Bizzarri C (2015). L’evoluzione della politica ambientale europea: dalla protezione alla competitività sostenibile. In: (a cura di): Manes F Puppi G, La cultura ambientale per la salvaguardia della persona e delle società umane. CITTÀ DEL VATICANO: Libreria Editrice Vaticana, ISBN: 978-88-209-9655-0
- Bizzarri C (2015). Opportunità e limiti delle attività turistiche per un nuovo umanesimo. In: (a cura di): De Vecchis G Salvatori F, Geografia di un nuovo umanesimo. p. 187-204, CITTÀ DEL VATICANO:Libreria Editrice Vaticana, ISBN: 978-88-209-9654-3
- Bizzarri C (2015). THE NEW LAND USE IN URBAN AREAS: SOCIAL AGRICULTURE IN THE CASE STUDY OF ROME. In: Sustainable Development in Peripheral Regions. p. 359-372
- Bizzarri C (2015). The new land use in urban areas:social agriculture in the case study of Rome. In: (a cura di): Czerny M Doroszewicz w, Sustainable Development in Peripheral Regions. p. 359-372, Wydawnictwa Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego
- Bizzarri C (2014). La ricostruzione post-alluvione nelle destinazioni turistiche: un modello interpretativo. In: (a cura di): Cristina Capineri, Filippo Celata, Domenico de Vincenzo, Francesco Dini, Filippo Randelli e Patrizia Romei, Oltre la Globalizzazione
- Resilienza/Resilience. MEMORIE DELLA SOCIETÀ GEOGRAFICA ITALIANA, vol. 12, p. 49-54, FIRENZE:Memorie della Società di Studi Geografici, ISBN: 978-88-908926-9-1, ISSN: 0391-5190
- BIZZARRI C, PEDRANA M (2014). SMES NETWORKS ON DESTINATIONS: GEOGRAPHICAL AND ECONOMIC IMPACTS FOR NEW FORMS OF TOURISM. In: (a cura di): Recep Efe and Münir Öztürk, Tourism, Environment and Ecology in the Mediterranean Region. p. 1-14, New Castle: CambridgeScholar Publishing, ISBN: 9781443862189.